8th-14th January Weekly Update

 At the start of the week, we were told to complete a few tutorials to help gain experience using Photopea.

The first video I looked at was wrapping a logo onto a coffee mug. I chose Dr. Pepper logo and searched on google images to look for a simple coffee cup.




The end result was much better than I thought it would turn out.


I love the way the wrap adds the shadows to the logo making it look like an actual cup. I had to warp the logo to make it look like it was actually going off to the sides by bending the corners up and stretch the image a slight bit.

Right after the cup was a cartoon type filter, this one was the most challenging out of them all.
I chose to filter the live action 'Witcher' TV series.
Before:


There was a lot to do and to be honest, I've forgotten most of the step already.
It took a lot of filtering and recoloring. The layers exceeded over 10 really quickly within the span of only 3 minutes.
After:

The next video I looked at was creating a 'fire' effect on text. It was the coolest out of the ones I did and the most technical out of them all.

I started with simple large text spelling the word fire, I then used a distortion tool with a subcategory called 'ripple'. 

Then when it come down to the text colour, I made it a nice vibrant orange as highlighting would come right after making it look really nice compared to just the word 'fire' with the ripple effect added.


Lastly, the easiest one, was a video showing how to bend text.

It was fairly simple with Photopea having a warp text tool that allows you to chose a way the text is warped.

I chose a banana and the word 'banana' to make it as simple as possible.

Before:

After:

This all continued for the two days I was in college...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online Software To Help With Character Design No.2

20th November - Dante

25th November Blog - Dante